The films to release on the network are
(Biography, Feature Documentary | Runtime: 1 hour 58 mins) on 13th June
2. Butter Toast
(Fiction, Short Film | Runtime: 7 mins) on 20th June
(Fiction, Short Film | Runtime: 12 mins) on 26th June
The films would be available to watch on Rolling Frames Entertainment's website, Veblr - Indian Video Content Platform and YouTube, and other video streaming networks where films can be watched for free.
About the films:
Admitted is a biographical docudrama on the controversial life of Dhananjay Chauhan - the first transgender student of Panjab University – her life journey with thrust on education along with gender identification, dilemmas and expression in personal life.
The month of June marks for the Annual LGBT Pride month, the trailer of the film would be launched on 6th June.
Features Mx. Dhananjay Chauhan and eminent personalities of Chandigarh City, Directed by Ojaswwee Sharma, Produced by Pinaka Mediaworks
- 4 International Awards for Documentary - AWARD Of MERIT - Impact Doc Awards 2019 (CALIFORNIA), BEST DOCUMENTARY - Special Jury Mention (Critics Choice) at Rajasthan Film Festival 2019, BEST DOCUMENTARY - Bioscope Global Film Festival 2018 (AMRITSAR), Nominee BEST FILM - Independent Talents International Film Festival 2018 (UNITED STATES)
- 8 Official Selections - Impact Doc Awards 2019 (CALIFORNIA), Rajasthan International Film Festival 2019 (JAIPUR), NFDC Film Bazaar 2018 (GOA), 9th Jagran Film Festival 2018 (MUMBAI), Bioscope Global Film Festival 2018 (AMRITSAR), Tarang - Delhi International Queer Theatre & Film Festival 2018 (NEW DELHI), Independent Talents International Film Festival 2018 (UNITED STATES), New Delhi Film Festival 2018 (NEW DELHI)
* Admitted has officially been supported by the Canadian High Commission in India, and has been screened at the American Centre, New Delhi on the eve of International Transgender Day of Visibility 2019.
‘Rooh’ is a story about a young man and his religious conscience. It highlights the process of making difficult decisions in life that ultimately must consent with your soul. The film shows Karamjit, a single parent, who faces a moral dilemma he must combat in order to stay true to his conscience. It portrays his journey where he must make the right choice in order to settle the unrest in his mind.
The film essentially underlines the importance of 'Kesh' in a Sikh's life - which is an important component of the 5 Kakaars of Sikhism.
Features Kanwalpreet Singh, Garry Dhillon (Child Actor), Directed by Ojaswwee Sharma, Produced by Pinaka Mediaworks
- 7 Official Selections - Sikhlens - Sikh Arts & Film Festival 2020 (India), Santiago Independent Film Awards 2019 (Chile), BMO IFFSA's Sikh Art & Film Festival 2019 (Canada), Sikhlens - Sikh Arts & Film Festival 2018 (California), Changing Face International Film Festival 2018 (Australia), The Lift-Off Sessions 2018 (United Kingdom), Inshort Film Festival (Nigeria).
Butter Toast is a sweet short take on the essence and importance of food. India has teeming millions who go hungry to bed. It's time to save every bit of food and share with the ones who cannot afford a proper meal to
build a nation where everyone is privy to proper food and nutrition!
* Features Ramandeep Singh, Mahekdeep (Child Actor), Directed by Ojaswwee Sharma, Produced by Pinaka Mediaworks
- 2 Official Selections - The Lift-Off Sessions 2018 (United Kingdom), Sikhlens - Sikh Arts & Film Festival 2019 (California)
Regional Relevance: The films have been shot in Chandigarh, and around the Chandigarh region, and have given the city, the makers of the film, the actors an international regognition.
In the 1st phase, the films would be available to watch on the following destinations